Ready? Set? Start making a barbecue sauce! Nothing signals the start of a tasty meal like applying barbecue sauce to your meat, seafood, vegetable, fruit or pasta “Smoked To Perfection” on your smoker or on a grill using indirect heat.
Whether hosting a friendly backyard barbecue or smoking up a weeknight meal, our “Smoked To Perfection” recipes utilizing our SWEEETHEAT™ Homestyle Spices & Rubs will help you proclaim the title of pit master amongst your friends, family and neighbors.
So what are you waiting for? Fire up the smoker, get started, smoke your food and apply the barbecue sauce!
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup malt vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add onion, garlic, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.